View Single Post
Old July 24, 2013, 05:54 PM   #33
buck460XVR

Quote:
If there were a lot of revolvers being built, I think we'd see a lot of them for sale. But we don't. For every revolver we see, we see a ton of autos. My local Cabelas has what they say is the world's largest gun counter. They have TWO revolvers - S&W 500 Magnums. The other couple of hundred pistols are autos, most tupperware.
Same with my LGS......but instead of the .500s they have a coupla Taurus. Thing is, they would like to handle more revolvers.....but they can't get them or they sell the minute they hit the counter. In my area, other than Gander Mountain or Cabelas, autos are generally priced below MSRP everywhere. Used to be revolvers were too. Nowadays finding a popular revolver at MSRP is a rarity. L and N framed Smiths generally are above MSRP in many shops, and they still sell. Part of the problem is exactly what SgtLumpy said........there's a plenitude of manufacturers out there makin' bottom feeders, but only a few makin' revolvers. Easier to keep up supply with more available to start with. But I also agree that autos far outsell revolvers presently. But because of the popularity in the past and numbers sold over the last century, total numbers owned, I believe to be about the same.

Page generated in 0.03523 seconds with 8 queries