View Single Post
Old July 11, 2009, 12:48 PM   #15
zonamo

Yes, I have shot the Buffalo Bore .380 ammunition in my LCP, despite the warning in the newer manual that wasn't in the original. I asked Buffalo Bore directly how much over standard pressure it was before ordering and the number he claimed was just a little above SAAMI, so I ordered some to test.

The bullet on the hard cast ammunition appears to be similar if not an actual Penn 100gr TCBB. Penn .380 HCL

The Buffalo Bore functioned flawlessly in my LCP. And while the recoil was notably greater than the 102gr Remington Golden Saber I usually carry, it was surprisingly controllable given some reports I have read about how "stout" it was. I personally did not find it significantly less controllable than either the Remingtion GS, or 95gr FMJ standard loadings from Blazer and Fiocchi I have also put through the LCP. YMMV.

I definitely wouldn't put a steady diet of the Buffalo Bore through an LCP, but I also would not hesitate to carry it if you prefer penetration to expansion in this caliber and you are not recoil sensitive.

Page generated in 0.02758 seconds with 8 queries