View Single Post
Old January 2, 2014, 02:55 PM   #15
Leejack

The Sigma won't be a collectors gun in my opinion. It was given birth under a dark cloud and never fully recovered from the unfavorable reputation of the early models. The latest models, the VE series were decent guns. I had one and it was accurate, reliable, simple and had wonderful ergonomics. I had no problem with the heavy trigger, but I realize that many today have to have a light trigger in order to shoot accurately enough to satisfy their ego. But in fairness, the trigger was the least desirable part of the gun as it was heavy and long, but mine was smooth and got better over time, no grittiness that other people complained about. I sold mine to help fund college, but if I had it today I would keep it.

The new SD series was developed from the sigma line and looks very much like the sigma, but is not a sigma, despite what "the internet gurus" say. Smith made some design enhancements and shaved the trigger weight down from 10-12 lbs to about 8. For a self defense gun without a safety this shouldn't be hard to manage at all, especially for revolver shooters.

Page generated in 0.02556 seconds with 8 queries