View Single Post
Old March 25, 2014, 08:02 AM   #20
noelf2

Quote:
I only buy from Cabelas and the other big box retailers if I'm desperate for something, not because I hate them or anything, but because of their scalper prices for black powder stuff

I buy a lot from Cabela's, but I don't pay the scalper prices. I wait for a sale, combined with free shipping, and points from my Cabela's Visa card. I usually make out like a bandit. There is no Cabela's in my state, so they don't tax my purchases. I would have to pay more if I ordered from Bass Pro or Gander Mtn. I paid less for these caps than I would have had to pay at Walmart (if they had them in stock).

Quote:
This is not a shortage, it's a buying panic, like a run on the bank, the shortage created by the buying panic only feeds the panic and the conspiracy theorys and stupid rumors that further the hoarding.
Kinda splitting hairs here, I think. From the perspective of a non-hoarder, a panic DOES create a shortage of available product.

Quote:
When I do buy in bulk, it's to take advantage of bulk pricing more than it is to hoard the stuff.
So when someone hangs out at Walmart and buys 3 bricks of 22lr for their own purposes (taking advantage of the cheaper price), they are hoarding. But when you buy in bulk, it is not??

Page generated in 0.02399 seconds with 8 queries