Thread: costs of skeet?
View Single Post
Old January 31, 2011, 03:29 PM   #9
oneounceload

At my local club that only has trap, skeet, 5-stand, and a practice FITASC field, the membership is $65 per year. At the club with sporting clays, 5-stand, FITASC pistol, and rifle areas, a corporate membership is $400 that can have 4 people split - so $100 per year. If I shoot there once per month, I save money. If I shoot rifle and pistol there as well, it is free for members; otherwise $10/day......so it can add up.

I am seeing more trap/skeet rounds costing in the $6-$8 range now as insurance, utility and property taxes have skyrocketed due to lower income streams to the counties. The only exceptions seem to be the small private, run by volunteer places with maybe 1 trap, 1 skeet, or a combo field.

As long as you can recover costs, make whatever profit is deemed necessary - the lower you keep your costs, the more you get folks to shoot, the more targets you throw. Volume really plays a difference in fixed costs.

One place I lived ran several fun leagues and a lot of the prizes were shoot tickets - got those folks to come out more. Between that volume and selling the reclaimed shot from our fields, we were able to either hold-off or minimize price increases for quite some time

Page generated in 0.03270 seconds with 8 queries