View Single Post
Old December 7, 2008, 09:34 AM   #6
Brit

The ability to train new shooters with 3 dot sights improves tremendously when using the TruGlow sights, due to the fiber optic brightness in day light, especially in bright sunlight that we are blessed with a lot here in Florida.

Have your Wife look through the two dots at the rear, and focus on the front, how to do this is to remove the magazine, drop a piece of string down the barrel, complete the loop at the muzzle, tie a knot. Visually empty pistol!

Have her take her two handed stance (this is a in house exercise) from the front you look at her dominant eye, with your dominant eye, lift the rear sight (front sight not lined up, but down a wee bit) both your eyes are now lined up looking through the rear sight. "Look through the two dots, see them, but do not focus on them" Now bring the front sight up till it fits in the rear sight notch, you are aiming in reverse. "keep looking through the rear two dots, now focus on the front dot"

Move the hands down, and back, you are still focused on the sights in reverse, have her do the sights down. and up herself, correct the alignment if necessary.

This works on any pistol, I used this method when I taught Revolver armed individuals, using a stripped Model 10 S&W, no cylinder, but you could still press the trigger, and call the flinch! I do not advocate the look for the flinch with the string down the barrel Auto pistol method, but you can see the flinch from the side easy enough.

Page generated in 0.02376 seconds with 8 queries