View Single Post
Old July 6, 2013, 10:39 PM   #18
CharlieDeltaJuliet

Here is my 300WM at 100yds three shots(sorry not a five shot).

This is shooting a Mk248mod1 load. Which is a (Federal Cartridge Co.) US Army load.

Here is the same rifle shooting 302 yards, the group right above the heart area is just about an inch for three shots. Off of a bipod and rear bag.

Zoomed picture of the three shots. Also have video from today of me shooting a small 10" silhouette at the same distance.
[IMG][/IMG]

My stock SPS Tactical AAC-SD is the best factory shooting rifle I have and it maintains about 1/2-5/8 MOA. I will try to find the pics of it's groups... sorry they aren't on the iPad. I do usually handload, but with the 300WM the Army load is pretty good, so I just replicate it. So is the difference worth the extra $3500 in the custom rifle over a stock rifle (and that s before optics)... Not to most. To be honest a stock good shooting rifle is more than most ever need. I just wanted a competition rifle. Will this ever kill an animal, nope, just punch paper. But I honestly have a small fortune tied up in it and all of the work to make it. So yep, I don't blame most who will say I will take my stock 1/2 MOA for the price difference. Some will understand, some wont, I just wanted one of the best shooting rifles that I could afford. It has never been about bragging rights, it simply is about the feeling it gives me to shoot this rifle. I have seen rifles and shooters that will out shoot me and this rifle. It just goes back to, it is the best I can own and afford (without the wife killing me at least). So my answer is yes there is a difference, but it gets to where to gain just a slight bit of accuracy costs more than another stock rifle. It is like chasing horsepower in cars... I have seen people pay thousands for 25-35 horsepower...
..." - Thomas Jefferson

Page generated in 0.04054 seconds with 8 queries