View Single Post
Old May 25, 2008, 07:46 AM   #1
jbirdhaffield

Thompson Center Encore "vs" CVA Optima Elite

Hey there,
Just wanted to know if there is anyone that owns a CVA Optima Elite and what they think about it. I have done alot of research and found that without a doubt the T/C Encore is favored for the single shot ML and rifle. However, those that do own CVA Optima Elite's really like the gun. How could they not? Each gun in the Elite line has a Bergara barrel which are made in Spain from none other than Shilon himself. The barrles rank in the top 3 of the best built with outstanding accuracy. Not only do they carry the fine barrel but they also have DuraBright adjustable top line fiber optic sights, Quake Claw sling, and a Crushzone recoil pad. These are a lot of top line features. You can get the rifle in 6 different calibers. One thing that I noticed is that the Elite series comes stock with the Bergara barrels where the T/C comes with there own made however, Bergara sells there barrels to fit the T/C encore for better accuracy. So it appears that the CVA Elite has a better barrel to start. All of this for 1/2 the cost of the T/C Encore. I am ordering one from Walmart this coming week. I am getting the
.243 Win in stainless steel with the Realtree camo stock. $353 plus tax.
Not bad huh?

Last edited by jbirdhaffield; May 25, 2008 at 03:25 PM. Reason: grammar

Page generated in 0.03494 seconds with 8 queries