View Single Post
Old January 14, 2013, 08:39 AM   #3
Skans

That's because they just woke up and realized how many Americans support the NRA....and they don't like it.

I've been a member of the NRA for almost 10 years - just upgraded to a life member. I felt better about spending the money on a life membership to the NRA than I would have on a few bags of reloaded ammo.

Here is how the antis are attacking the NRA:

BALTIMORE - Do you think the National Rifle Association (NRA) should lose their tax-exempt status?

More than a thousand people have signed a petition on the White House Website asking that the non -profit status of the NRA be revoked.

Here is what the petition says:

REVOKE tax-exempt nonprofit status of NRA. Conflict of Interest - NOT promoting public safety, pursuit of personal gain.

The NRA's efforts to promote gun manufacturing and gun sales are in the interest of personal gain, NOT public benefit.

Rather than engage in discussions related to sensible and responsible ownership, they have taken advantage of tragic mass shootings and highly publicized gun deaths to make and sell more guns.

They are not serving the public, they are in it for personal gain. And that SHOULD NOT be subsidized by tax-payers.

Your signature will help DISMANTLE THE NRA!!

Read more: http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/nat...#ixzz2HxOiKt00

There is no real threat of the NRA losing tax-exempt status. If they lost theirs, the labor unions, PETA, Greenpeace, and way more liberal non-profits would lose theirs as well. But, what is interesting is that this shows that the anti-gun radicals want the NRA destroyed, dismantled and will stop at nothing to try to make this happen. It also shows me that the NRA is a genuine force to be reckoned with. Politicians don't have much fear of anything, especially you and me as individuals. But, they fear the NRA - and that's a good thing!

Last edited by Skans; January 14, 2013 at 08:49 AM.

Page generated in 0.02648 seconds with 8 queries