View Single Post
Old April 15, 2010, 08:05 AM   #43
Tangentabacus

1. Your "switchblade" Audi key
2. Karate (although, anything is better than nothing)
3. Flip flops/Sandals

In reality, if it can't be used while at the same time running away or retreating then it's just going to get in the way of you defending yourself. You gotta always be aware, and understand that sometimes the best way to save yourself and others is to move out of the way of danger.

I have never been in a situation where a firearm would have done me any better than to make the other dude panic. I really haven't had the time or the insight to be enough prepared during a possibly dangerous situation to actually use a gun.

To kind of make sense of that jumbled mess... I recently was charged by a grizzly. Thankfully my bull mastif made the grizzly distracted enough for me to get across a river. Either way... About ten minutes after the incident (while I was changing my underwear), I had realized about the AK-47 I had on my back. My first instinct was to get the hell out of there! In retrospect, I could have probably fended the bear off with a full magazine, but in that really tight situation I was obviously unable enough to think to do anything else besides run... And soil my underwear.

If you insist on carrying a gun... Keep your cool and train a whole lot more than I did.

I want to take some self defense classes.

Page generated in 0.03742 seconds with 8 queries