View Single Post
Old November 26, 2005, 01:33 AM   #34
Yoshi

Home defence

Hello, If your neighborhood situation permits it I think a good dog or 2 (we have 4 ) is the best source of information regarding the environment around or in the house.
We have 4 very happy, very large German Shepard’s. If an intruder did ever get into our home I’m pretty sure he would not get back out.
What’s the old line…”they’d have to strain the remains for finger prints”

We have also installed motion sensor controlled outdoor lights and good locks and dead bolts on our steel exterior doors.

I don’t think I’d leave the house to defend property, and by doing so leave the house open to attack. Now someone firebombing my house for example is a different story, that’s a threat to our lives so no holds bared there.

I would come to a Neighbors rescue, in one fashion or another, if my kids
are with me then my fist job is to take care of them than maybe the most I could do would be to make a 911 call to the coppers and make my presence known to the bad guy. unless it looked like the victim was going to get hurt or killed, then you have to step right up I feel,and would hope they would do the same for us.
Its hard to know what to do when if faced with decision to defend yourself,
Finding a starving man steeling my food is very different from a home invasion or some other type of violent insanity.
But I do believe in defending myself if needed, I have level 3 body armor, for defense in the house I use a 1911 , a kal tec 32 back up and a tac light, and like i said before, a couple of big dogs.
I think another powerful defensive weapon is the ability to walk away from trouble,
Now if trouble follows, well all rightly then….you tried.

Have a great and safe holiday season and I hope Santa leaves firearms under all your trees this year 
Paul

Page generated in 0.02938 seconds with 8 queries