View Single Post
Old March 18, 2001, 05:55 PM   #4
Badger Arms

Actually, I'm from California. When coming up with a name for my my business, I wanted one that was easy to say and spell over the phone and in person as well as one that wasn't instantly recognizeable as a gun store name to non-gun people. Also wanted on that sounds good.

As far as the Ithaca, I've owned over a dozen in my time and detail stripped them all. No big deal on that screw. It might be that the previous owner (I'm assuming it's used) used locktite or dickered up the threads somehow. Lay the gun with the threaded end of the screw up. Put a drop of break-free or other type of penetrating oil on to the head and let it soak for an hour to a day. When you come back, it should break loose easier. If it doesn't, you can easy-out the thing or find some other destructive way of getting it out but that's best left to the experts. Make sure that when you are removing it, you apply downward pressure as well as rotational pressure. Righty-tighty, Lefty-loosey!

There's a tool I used to use when I was an Aircraft Mechanic that was a hammer that backed screws out when you hit it. This ensured that pressure was being applied. Good only for breaking it loose though. One good whack and it's loose. Sorta like an impact-wrench.

Page generated in 0.03609 seconds with 8 queries