View Single Post
Old October 2, 2006, 02:52 PM   #23
cntryboy1289

Wow

A transmission shop earns a heck of a lot more money than gunsmithing does. A small shop in the back yard could earn you enough money to be very happy with if that is what you are after.

There is no reason why you cannot be successful at gunsmithing. Successful has different meanings to lots of different people. A lot of smiths are successful at doing a good job on the work they do and are still broke most of the time, but they are happy doing the work they do so they are successful in life. Some actually turn a dime or two over each month and some actually make enough to survive for years and are happy with that. I wouldn't go into it blindly nor would I want anyone to tell you that the field is wide open without knowing it can be a tough business to break into.

The one thing you have going for yourself is the pension you will be drawing will be your main income. I was in the same boat myself and it most likely allowed me a lot more leeway when I first got started. Yes, you can pay the bills with the income from gunsmithing, but you may need help along the way. As my Grandmother used to say, the only thing for you to do is rear your ears back and dive in headfirst to find out if you can make it. Best of luck with it!

I still say a man with your skills would be better off sticking to what he knows best, but this is you we are talking about so I think you can do it with the skills that you have.

Page generated in 0.02377 seconds with 8 queries