View Single Post
Old February 5, 2006, 10:49 AM   #5
Pharley

Speaking from experience, you did the right thing by evaluating the threat and getting your butt behind cover. I work 3rd shift PD in a mid-size city, and have been in some crazy scenarios. A couple things that always help keep me sharp:
*always play scenarios out in your head
*always know what cover is available
*when you encounter someone, in your mind, treat them with the caution that the crime they are committing will be the one to violate their parole and send them back to prison for 10 years...ie= the only thing between them and their freedom is you

And most important on night shift...get yourself some bright-ass flashlights. I catch crap from everyone, but I carry a Stinger on my belt and an Ultra-Stinger in my hand whenever I get out of the cruiser. Also keep a full size Mag Lite, and spare bulbs and chargers for the Stingers. Seems like overkill, but these are extremely important.

Good job and stay safe.
"Out of every ONE HUNDRED men, TEN should not be here, EIGHTY are nothing but targets, NINE are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they the battle make. Ah, but the ONE, ONE of them is a WARRIOR, and he will bring the others back."

Page generated in 0.03937 seconds with 8 queries