View Single Post
Old June 6, 2002, 04:42 AM   #11
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Ladies and Gents, my $0.02....

First, Casa McC is a townhouse. My front and back "Yards" are about the same size each as my living room. IOW, a crisis hasn't got much room to happen in w/o being off our property. Ranges and time frames will be very short.

Second, there's at least one firearm operable by every adult here kept ready and hidden on each floor. Sorry, I don't reveal many details on a public bb.

The HD 870 is upstairs. It's for scenarios where the family is all upstairs and shots will be directed down the stairs and at a max distance of around 12 yards. The first two rounds up are 8s, at max distance they'll be either still in the wad or as a semi solid, fist sized mass. Naturally, I've patterned these and the other ammo.

Next up are some Estate 00. On the S/S there's a pair of slugs and mo' 00. All bases covered, tho it's difficult for me to imagine a crisis that will require slugs here and now.

My deer 870 serves as backup, and is stocked with 00. The paradigm here is I may have to shoot through the fridge, or a car door if the mess moves outside. I seriously doubt this will ever be needed, but I'm as fallible as the next man.

If the balloon really goes up and something hits the fan, it's time for the Hillbilly Assault rifle, my Model 94 thutty-thutty. Outside only, of course.

HTH....

Page generated in 0.02283 seconds with 8 queries