View Single Post
Old September 21, 2004, 12:21 PM   #8
Johnny Guest
Moderator in Memoriam

Hummmm - - -

First - - You don't mention the locality where you contemplate carrying the "mp-5" in your car. We're all assuming you refer to the H&K MP5 submachine gun, right? A selective fire gun? I ask for clarification on this, importfan, because there are some knock offs made by other outfits.

So, okay - - You mean a "standard" MP5, with a shoulder stock. Some places, a legally registered machine gun is treated just as any other long gun. I would THINK that, technically, Texas would be one of these places. We have no restrictions about carryng long guns in vehicles, so long as they are not displayed in a manner constituting a "breech of the peace." Usually, this simply means out of sight from casual view. Your old .30-30 deer rifle can even be loaded, in most places, most of the time.

Surely, it's legal to take your MP5 to and from the range in the car. But I don't think I'd want to press my luck and carry one every day. As Gazpacho said - -
Quote:
Even if it is legal in your jurisdiction, try to explain that to the cop who just pulled you over, as well as the twenty other officers he called in as back-up.
I just don't think it an SMG would be a good option as a "car gun."

Best,
Johnny

Page generated in 0.03810 seconds with 8 queries