View Single Post
Old September 29, 2009, 01:19 AM   #34
Dannyl

Hi,
I have had the opportunity to own and use both extensively.(Although the Berretta was a company issued gun)

Not only that the ergonomics of the BHP are far superior for most users (you will have to determine this personally), my wife is quite a small lady, and the BHP is so much her favourite that I have bought another one, just for her ( we both shoot in IDPA and Pin-shooting clubs).

The trigger on the BHP as it comes form the factory is a tad heavy,but with simple work by a qualified gunsmith the trigger it can be made soft and crisp. This is not the case with the Berretta, where I found the DA trigger very long and rather heavy,and not much could be done to remedy it.

Where it comes to capacity, 14 round mags are available for the BHP, so the Berretta has 1 round advantage, hardly significant IMO.

One can say that any firearm can be concealed, people hav walked around with Shotguns under trench-coats as well, but for daily carry I find the BHP easier to carry (IWB) concealed than the Berretta.

At the end, one cannot really fault either of these guns, so the choice will be what fits your hand better (also what feels more comfortable on your hip) so if you only want to buy one, make aplan to try both, see what is best for you
(Just do not be deterred by a hard trigger on a standard BHP, it does not cost a fortune to make it much better)

BTW, my company issue Berreta was (really, not kidding) lost when a diamond mining ship sank in 2002, the gun was locked in a safe.

Brgds,

Danny

Page generated in 0.03111 seconds with 8 queries