Thread: My last Ruger
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2013, 06:42 PM   #70
rclark

As a side note, my Single Six chambers the Winchester brand but they are 'tight'. Just finished up a box of them. The Federal drop right in. Talking .22LR.

Hopefully you'll now have a good Bearcat S.S.S and it will shoot to POA with no 'problems'!

As for my Rugers having problems.... My very first Ruger .357 BH, back when I was a teenager (80ish), had tight head spacing and had to be sent back. They fixed and tuned it for me at the factory. Nary a problem, until the transfer bar broke just a few months ago. They sent me a new one free of charge. All my .45s did require reaming to .452. Some were really tight, some were 'almost but not quite'. 20 minutes at the most and job done... My stainless .45 Colt/.45 ACP Flattop had a high faced loading gate which would catch on the case rim as it rotated, locking up the gun. Quite a bit of elbow grease and some emery cloth took care of that issue. Not sure how that wasn't caught at the factory though if they test fired it.... Also, my old Mark II had the back of the bolt come off (what you pull on to chamber a round). Many many rounds later I might add.... Fixed for free with a new one piece bolt. So while I've had some issues with a few of my revolvers/pistols, overall my overall experience has been 'positive' and customer service has been excellent.
A clinger and deplorable, MAGA, and life NRA member. When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Single Action .45 Colt (Sometimes colloquially referred to by its alias as the .45 'Long' Colt or .45LC). Don't leave home without it. That said, the .44Spec is right up their too... but the .45 Colt is still the king.

Page generated in 0.03633 seconds with 8 queries