View Single Post
Old October 3, 2012, 10:38 PM   #14
TheRaskalKing

While the choices are all great guns, they seem to be pretty random in selection. As several have noted, I'd really do some thinking as to which platform you're most comfortable with. I understand this may be difficult due to your location, but you did mention being close to PA. I lived in northeastern PA for a while, and though I didn't have the chance to get to a range, I know it's a very gun friendly place- see if you can get to one that offers rentals. Also, chatting with the other shooters at the range goes a long way as well. I'm always happy to talk shop with other courteous shooters and also to let others try my guns. YMMV. Just some thoughts.

If I were in your shoes, I'd spring for the CZ, of those you've listed. 1911s are SWEET but can definitely be finnicky and require some TLC. This might not be best for you, especially if you're a new shooter. Don't worry as much about caliber, for self defense either will get the job done. However, some people just shoot one caliber better than another- find which one you like to shoot as best you can. Ammo prices may be a factor consider as well.

Moral of the story, Come out west- we like guns here.

Page generated in 0.02737 seconds with 8 queries