View Single Post
Old May 14, 2012, 10:02 AM   #7
Winchester_73

Quote:
I would look at what is listed on EB and maybe list it as a "buy it now" with the price you would like to see. If it doesn't sell you can always lower the price. The finial value fees and pay pal fees take 10% off the top. I wish I could afford to buy it.
I've sold many things on ebay. I disagree with this advice. A piece like this would do great with a 0.99 no reserve 10 day auction. Start it on Thursday about 9pm and make it for 10 days.

Btw, you may say "99 cents NR, well what if all I get is $50" and that my friend is impossible. Bayonets are hot esp WWII stuff. There are so many guys, like vultures, waiting to swoop down on bayonet listings. Also remember that some people will bid hoping to get a good deal, but change their mind at the end and rationalize spending more.

Now of course, you have to do your part. You have to take good photos and type up a good description. Also, your title is important. Fill up the secondary title line with pertinent stuff. Here is an example.

Some would auction it and call it this

Quote:
M1 garand bayonet
I would do this instead

Quote:
M1 M-1 Garand rifle 30-06 bayonet WT maker w scabbard RARE
WWII dagger gun rifle 3006
The reason for both "M1" and "M-1" is because they produce different search results. The more you have in your title, the more hits you get, then the more watchers you get, then the more bidders for ultimately more money. When you have such a special item, refrain from using a buy it now because you may get more than what you want with an auction listing. I have gotten more than I wanted many times, and this is my recipe.

ALWAYS have the auction end Sunday night / evening and for good items like this, make it 10 days.

Page generated in 0.03556 seconds with 8 queries