Thread: AR-Insanity
View Single Post
Old December 22, 2012, 11:58 PM   #20
tobnpr

Quote:
Tob,
This one, I think more than any other Feinstein pushes annually, will go through. Pres will be pushing hard.
Sure he will.
But, that's why we have the Senate and the House of Representatives.
I think Boehner may be pressured to bring something to a vote on the floor, but it sure won't be Feinstein's bill. Guaranteed.

The AWB was in full force and effect for years when the Columbine Massacre occurred. What more needs to be shown to prove it's ineffectiveness, aside from every other study done that showed it did nothing to reduce mass murders- which is exactly why it was allowed to sunset after ten years.

I believe they will- and SHOULD- close the "gun-show" loophole, and require ALL ownership transfers of weapons to be done through FFL's with corresponding background checks and recordkeeping.
No reason every firearm shouldn't be duly accounted for to an individual that's passed a background check to own one.

As the hysteria (justifiable) from the horrible tragedy subsides, cooler heads will prevail. Even the left is acknowledging the issues are deep and complicated, and instituting a ban on weapons where millions already exist is not a slam dunk.

It's ironic that even as schools around the country are placing armed security on their campuses, the leftist media is still slamming the NRA for that "ridiculous" suggestion.

Doesn't matter what the NRA says, or does, it will be strung up and quartered by the liberal media.

Not to sound callous- really- but this nation has much, much bigger fish to fry over the next few months.

Page generated in 0.02062 seconds with 8 queries