View Single Post
Old February 16, 2012, 01:56 PM   #19
MTT TL

Quote:
I read and re-read MTT TL's post and I can't find any shred of him specifically mentioning you in it. It appears to me that his post was commenting on the general "blame game" in the gun world on SERPA holsters single-handedly causing ND's, much as the blame game against Glocks when they first came out.
While I had no particular person in mind that attitude was what I was posting about. For the record I have Serpa's for my compact and full size 1911s, G22 and Beretta 92. I carried the Beretta for three solid years in a combat zones using it on the range more times than I could count and drawing a handful of times when I needed it for other reasons. Carried condition one every day and never shot myself in the foot even one time.

I carry the compact 1911 most of the time when I CC. A few years now. Still have not shot myself with it either. No NDs to date for any of those. Weapon was always ready when I needed it, never had the holster button lock up on me or get jammed with crap. Of course I checked it every day too. Before and after leaving the wire when I lived inside the wire.

So it works for me.

If it does not for you, don't use it. Confidence in your gear is nearly as important as anything else in the shooting world. Preaching that using it will cause you to have an ND is a bad sell however. This is not exactly the first video coming out on this issue.

Page generated in 0.03471 seconds with 8 queries