View Single Post
Old February 16, 2012, 01:58 AM   #14
jgcoastie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneinFL
I'm not "blaming the equipment", which I agree is "lame", but I'm not blaming the shooter (me) either. My hand just doesn't fit the thing.
Quote:
The 1911 Serpa does not work that well for me. I have to consciously push on the release.
Emphasis mine in both quotes.

Then don't use it.

Most of us have a drawer or two full of accessories we thought would be great in the store, but they didn't live up to our expectations once we got home or to the range with them. It happens. It's not anyone's fault, it's not the accessory's fault. It's just one of those kinds of things that doesn't always work out.

The fact that you've recognized that the SERPA 1911 holster doesn't work for you is good. The fact that you won't carry it is great, one less likely ND in the world.

Quote:
That proves it. I must be imagining the whole damned thing. The 1911 holster works, hands down. Even though none of you can actually say that you have that holster.

It must be that my "ego" gets in the way of the release when I use a 1911, but not with a 8 different Glocks or a Sig P220. Must be that the 1911 that makes me a foot taller.

You know, I've tried to be reasonable and kind about this. I even offered the holster to you guys. For free. But ya'll are calling me out on my ego? Seriously? You've never even met me.

This is ridiculous. I have better things to do with my time. Have a good night.
I can't imagine why you didn't get no less than 1000 requests to try your holster in the 43 minutes between your offer to loan the holster and the childish rant you posted above...

I read and re-read MTT TL's post and I can't find any shred of him specifically mentioning you in it. It appears to me that his post was commenting on the general "blame game" in the gun world on SERPA holsters single-handedly causing ND's, much as the blame game against Glocks when they first came out.

I've owned sevreal SERPA holsters, including the 1911 holster in question. Mine works perfectly for me. That does not mean that it will work perfectly for you. That's why there are options in the world.

As far as you wanting a non-thumb-break holster for your 1911, try the Safariland ALS or SLS series of holsters on for size. IIRC, Blade-Tech and FOBUS have retention holsters similar to the design of the SERPA. You might like them, you might not. Worth a shot.
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." -Richard Henry Lee, Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights.

Page generated in 0.02707 seconds with 8 queries