View Single Post
Old May 24, 2010, 10:40 AM   #23
dogtown tom

Quote:
I don't see anyone giving the NFA/full auto people crap. How "useful" is full auto for the layman? Its not. It just cool/fun.

Beentown
They don't give the NFA/full auto people crap because few of them bolt on accessories to look cool.

The great majority of "tactical" accessories for a fighting shotgun are unnecessary. While I'm sure some ninja operator somewhere has a use for a particular accessory, it seems odd that the police and military- those who actually use fighting shotguns the most adhere to the KISS principle.

-While I love the look of a heatshield, I'm smart enough to realize that it would only be needed to keep from burning your hand on a hot barrel when bayoneting someone. I think the last time someone was bayoneted in a trench with a pump shotgun was....1918'ish.

-I've only seen a bipod on an internet gun forum, never on a police or military shotgun.

-Carrying all your ammo ON the gun.
870 w/7+1 mag extension
+
Six rounds on the receiver sidesaddle
+
six rounds on your buttstock sidesaddle,
+
twenty rounds looped on your sling
=
One heavy shotgun:barf: Show me one US soldier or a police officer with that setup.

What you WILL see: an 870 w/7+1 extension, plain bead front sight, wood or synthetic stock. That is pretty much it.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

Last edited by dogtown tom; May 24, 2010 at 10:46 AM.

Page generated in 0.02985 seconds with 8 queries