View Single Post
Old February 12, 2007, 02:31 AM   #1
banditt007

Some thoughts about the coyote...and the cat.

So here we are, and we complain that people should keep their cats indoors only, since they are almost 'perfect killing machines' to the local baby rabbits, song birds, and other birds, ect. Infact a state (i forget which) i beleive tried to pass a law that you must kill ferral cats while hunting, but it didnt go through.

Then we have the coyote, which finds an outdoor cat a nice meal! And by some research, it seems to be very common 'easy' meal.(lots of people complaining about outdoor cats missing and seeing coyotes in the area.) Which is good, except he also hunts ground birds, rabbits and the like. However the coyote probably isn't after song birds like the cat.

Also the coyote actually EATS what he kills. Unlike the cat, the cat may eat it, but there is a good chance it just kills 'for fun'

So i'm just looking to start some conversation, on what everyones thoughts are on the coyote vs the cat vs the damage done to other wildlife. Especially since coyotes seem to just be shot, and left. And thought about as 'pests' meanwhile these pests, also are eating the cats. sometimes the fur is used, most times not. VERY rarely do people seem to eat them, seems 'taboo' though the ones that do, swear it is great meat, i have no reason not to beleive them.

Last edited by banditt007; February 12, 2007 at 03:21 AM.

Page generated in 0.03168 seconds with 8 queries