View Single Post
Old April 2, 1999, 12:59 AM   #3
Rob Pincus

That's the first freakin' time I have evered been heard to have "Endeared" myself to Anyone !!

Truth is, I still have an Email from Rich in which he personally thanked my for checking out the site after I saw one of his announcements on Rec.guns... At that time he was touching base with everyone who signed up I think.. perhaps he still does, devoted as he is....

I was looking for a home on the net, since rec.guns is a [insert your own colorful animal fornication metaphor] ande several other Firearms boards are either very exclusive and condescending or very immature and worthless. I volunteered to help Rich make TFL the best place on the net, offering a 12 year history of On-line communication, a lifelong accumulation of Gun-thought, and a distinct ability to ignore the "moderation" in the word "moderator". I'm very grateful to Rich for giving me the opportunity to be part of this great experiment.

I have often been surprised and proud of what TFL has become.

Thanks to Rich and his forsight, determination and slightly overflowing pockets The Firing Line is the premier online firearms discussion site. I think TFL has attracted the "right" type of members from the get go. Not only self-appopinted authorities, but a hell of a lot of people who had legitimate questions and were looking for facts and thought out theories.. not just unsubstantiated opinion.

I am glad for the site and glad for the friends I have made through it. Both of which I think will be around for a long time, the former at least until Dec. 31st.

------------------
-Essayons

Page generated in 0.03711 seconds with 8 queries