View Single Post
Old September 9, 2007, 02:14 PM   #3
Blue Duck

Well, of course the Micro-groove rifling is Marlin's normal rifling for many years. Micro-groove is a shallow rifling, which is supposed to not deform the bullet as much, and as a result will shoot more accurately. It does work pretty good, but is not my first choice for cast bullets, and Marlin is now back to producing lots of leveractions in the old ballard rifling, probably do to feedback from the cowboy action shooting people.

Even though the micro-groove rifling is really pretty good, I would rather have the ballard rifling. I really don't even like the micro-groove in the .22 rimfire, however I once had a Model 39A with micro-groove that was very accurate, but you did have to clean it more often, to maintain top accuracy.

Maybe someone else will chime in here with more information. However, I am afraid the rifle you are looking for will be a hard find. Of course when you say wildcat, you're saying custom. So if you have the money, I guess you can have what you want if you can find a gunsmith to do it.

Page generated in 0.02498 seconds with 8 queries