View Single Post
Old August 4, 2008, 04:42 PM   #22
j-framer

Bill said:

Quote:
The Beretta 21 is also thicker than the 950 series.
Also, both Berettas are rather tall. Height is important to me, because the shorter the gun, the less the grip prints in a front pocket when the gun is resting muzzle down. Even with a holster, this is something to consider.

All of the guns mentioned here are tiny anyway, actually. But, if everything else were equal, I'd choose whatever is smaller.

Today, I had a chance to view the Colt Junior (not the FN, though - the gun shop with that one is closed Mondays). The Colt is taller in the grip than I had anticipated. I had never seen a comparison photo of a Junior sitting next to a Colt 1908 or an FN 1906 .25 so I didn't really appreciate the difference until now (I have handled a Colt 1908 in the past, so I know how big those are, and the FN is supposed to be the same size, of course).

Right now, I think the FN will get the nod.

Another interesting note; sitting next the Junior in the case today was a Bauer .25. Here's a pic from the Internet:

Note: Picture is not mine. From http://www.littlegun.be/arme%20ameri...20cal.25-2.jpg

I have heard some things about these guns. I realize it's basically a stainless copy (is that accurate this time? ) of a Baby Browning.

Reviews turned up online are kind of mixed, so I am not seriously considering it. But it was a lot smaller than the Colt Junior.

Page generated in 0.03980 seconds with 8 queries