Thread: Ghillie
View Single Post
Old November 18, 2009, 10:35 PM   #14
landcruzr

I used a set of military surplus over-alls that were sevral sizes bigger than normal, then used the shoe goo to glue 550 cord in checkerboard pattern everywhere I wanted to tie burlap.(about 2" squares)
Burlap was free from local hardware stores and feed stores that had damaged bags they were getting rid of.
To dye the burlap, I used several five gallon buckets and "RIT" dye in earth tones and greens. I started with about one gallon of water in each bucket and enough dye to make the first batches dark. Then added water to each subsequent batch to make the following batch lighter and lighter as I went.
Burlap was cut into strips that were about 18-22" long and from single strands to 1.5 inches wide- tied on with a simple overhand knot.
there are alot of little things I'm leaving out- but thats the general jist of it-
Dont over do it- leave some space so that natural camo can be added from each area that you use the suit in. Also have seen inner tubes cut into patches for the knees, thighs chest and elbows.....good luck and have fun!- its very rewarding when done, and I believe the suits made from scratch are far better than the kits you can find.

Page generated in 0.02119 seconds with 8 queries