View Single Post
Old March 10, 2007, 11:11 AM   #49
629 shooter

Quote:
i don't figure in labor because it's a hobby for me. i'd rather reload at night during the winter than watch some dumb@zz reality tv show.
Yeah , I kind of see it that way too. Besides, as mentioned above, reloading does not take time from my job, the only place where I am actually paid for my time. I never had a scenario where I called in to work and said: "Hey I can't make it in to work today , I need to load up some ammo for this weekends range session , Sorry!"

A lot of those who posted apparently measure all their time during the day as if they are making money by the hour 24 hours a day!

Sort of like telling the wife , "don't waste your time all afternoon making that nice home cooked meal , that is too much time you are not getting paid for , let's just hit the DogDonalds and get a meal in two mintues.":barf:

And for those who shoot for precision , like in long range rifle or benchrest, reloading is usually the only way to go. As example a box of 20 rounds of Federal .223 using the Sierra 69 MatchKings runs about $25! I simply could not afford to shoot that ammo , but can easily afford to shoot reloads using the same bullet. Or in the case of the 44 mag , would not even own any if it were not for reloading. A 50 round range session with the 44mag can cost $25 or more with factory ammo. The hec with that. Plus I am not even making any money while I am at the range - bummer.

Page generated in 0.02910 seconds with 8 queries