View Single Post
Old March 23, 2006, 07:43 PM   #47
STAGE 2

Quote:
STAGE 2 you are missing my main point
Actually, no I'm not

Quote:
it was not known at the time if this was a bad guy, owner, boyfriend who owned the house
True, and he didnt run over there and start waiving a gun around at the very first chance either.

Quote:
what gives any citizen the right to go and take it on himself to find out by pulling his gun no less?
You're confusing duty with right. As a neighbor and a private citizen he has no duty to investigate. However he does has the right to investigate.

Quote:
You want gangs of armed do gooders out playing cop? What if its you and you're the one who gets called out by a well meaning neighbor with a gun, you gonna shoot him?
No, but I certianly wouldn't characterize this guy as an armed do gooder by any stretch of the imagination. While the people in my neighborhood don't carry (at least that I know of) you can better believe that if they saw this going on they would definately pay this guy a visit with louisville in hand.

As for me, well I can pretty much gurarantee you that if I was going to someones house to pick up something that was mine I wouldn't go about doing it in a way that made it look like B&E.

Quote:
Most people on here get bent out of shape when a guy in a gun store points a weapon near them while checking it out, how about some stranger on your property doing it to you? Are you so blind you can't see the right thing to do here is take plate numbers, descriptions and call 911? What is with some of you guys??
I guess that myself and my neighbors just dont take well to crime. Im sorry that you feel otherwise, and thats fine. However I'm inclined to think that given the choice, a felon would rather hit your neighborhood than mine.

Police have their place and their job, and for the most part they do it well. That said, they cannot be there for everything or do everything, and I refuse to sit on my couch and suck my thumb because "all I can do it call 911 and give them the license plate". No one said go in guns blazing. However I'm inclined to think that if we were all a bit more socially responsible and cared more about the things that dont have our names on them, kids could still go out and play at night, and people could leave their front doors unlocked like they once did without fear of some crackhead or inner city kid stopping in for a visit.

Playing rambo is dangerous, but sticking your head in the sand is just as bad, if not worse for society.

Page generated in 0.03068 seconds with 8 queries