View Single Post
Old October 9, 2005, 08:20 AM   #5
N.H. Yankee

T. Oheir, I honestly think you are right, I am going to start wearing that new cologne (essence of brothel ) lol. I have gotten 3 state trophy deer and his biggest is 170lb and the other 5 under 110lbs. I think also it is immature deer that have more curiosity and it seems to be doe's. I have had 1 deer at arms length and his breath actually was hitting my face, he was a spike and it was first day of the season. I sat there for 2 minutes and finally said ( hello there ) he jumped 3 feet high and was gone lol. I see deer but not up close and personnal like he doe's. I think certain odors attrack them and others are like death in the air. Human odor isn't always a killer, I was hunting 2 years ago and it was a warm day, I hiked for 5 hours to find some sign and actually had to wring out my t-shirt. That afternoon at 5pm when the scent pool is at its worse I had a 6pt walk behind me at 70ft and he wasn't alarmed. I used a bleat call to stop him and dropped him with my 50cal Knight. I stunk so bad I almost didn't bother staying out, he had to smell me as a very light breeze was blowing in his direction. I think as I stated deer are like people, everyone is different and reacts different.

Page generated in 0.02697 seconds with 8 queries