View Single Post
Old March 26, 2013, 01:02 AM   #48

Get ready for a curveball from the XDm guy! I had a 1994 model Ruger P89 I used for handload testing. which it was excellent for. Had some problems with the trigger bar plunger tube so I sent it off to Ruger. They called last Tuesday and said they really didn't support the P89 anymore, and offered me an SR9 at a very sweet price. Got it today and it's a considerably better pistol than I was expecting. It uses a similar trigger design as the Glock, but it's shorter and crisper. I was actually investigating trigger kits while I was waiting on its arrival. It's trimmer than a Glock, M&P or the XDm with a 4.14" barrel that makes the slide just longer than a G19's, but the trimness of this pistol will make it easily carriable for me. The trigger is excellent for a combat pistol. Since mine just came off the production line it has a few cosmetic changes and looks great with the stainless slide. IMO, it's the equal of any Glock 9mm and like the XDm, it has a steel chamber block under the chamber in battery so the chamber is surrounded by steel. The sights are outstanding and fully adjustable for windage and elevation. Ruger hit a grand slam with this one, guys. This is the best designed and made American pistol I've seen in some years.

Speaking of SIGs, I have a 226. Kinda funny that some people never notice it when they consider a polymer frame pistol, but the chamberblock design of the Croatian Sensation was actually copied from the SIG/Sauer P22X series and I'm glad to see that Ruger used a very similar system. I know that the early generation SR9s had trigger issues but I guarantee you they've been fixed and then some. Y'all owe it to yourselves to check one out and I'm very pleased that I could buy American again, 6.8!

Last edited by 57K; March 26, 2013 at 01:24 AM.

Page generated in 0.02403 seconds with 8 queries