View Single Post
Old February 10, 2014, 03:35 PM   #43
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 AMP
Is it just me, perhaps because I am an enthusiast, but has anyone actually "forgotten" they were wearing a gun? Seriously?
I did once, sort of.

I was out on a series of errands, with a gazillion things on my mind. There was an envelope on the front seat of my car that I wanted to mail, but I wasn't sure if the weight was going to kick me up to needing extra postage, so I didn't just drop it in a mailbox.

My regular post office has no parking lot, so it's routine to park on the street, disarm and secure the gun in the car, enter the post office and transact my business, then get back in the car and reholster. On my errands itinerary, I happened to pass by a post office, so I pulled into their parking lot (behind the building), parked, grabbed my envelope, and headed for the door. I had opened the door when the enormity of what I was doing struck me like the proverbial bolt from the blue:

"Oh, [bleep]! I just parked my car is a post office parking lot and I just walked into a post office with gun strapped to my waist. LEMME OUTTA HERE!"

So, yeah -- I can see that there might be a momentary lapse. But to carry into a school, and to know that the school is being locked down because of a [GASP!] man-with-a-gun, and still not remember that "Hey! I'VE got a gun!" just strains credibility.

Page generated in 0.03074 seconds with 8 queries