View Single Post
Old February 10, 2014, 01:27 PM   #38
csmsss

Quote:
I, for 1, disagree.
1st; I do not know the guy or know what his motivations or politics are. Some members here seem able to make those judgements or shape those opinions quickly.
His motivations don't matter. His behavior does. His behavior is not only illegal vis a vis a law he strongly supported, but he's now claiming to be ignorant of it! And at the same time using his position on the law to try to get away with breaking it? Surely you see the duplicity in this, do you not?

Quote:
2nd; if he's charged with a felony(or multiple counts) then convicted he won't be able to carry any guns or ammunition legally so it's a moot point.
He's not going to get charged with anything.

Quote:
3rd; I agree it seems disingenuous or difficult to think the man did not know he had a concealed weapon on him
That is ludicrous on its face. I find it astonishing you would even contemplate sympathizing with it.

Quote:
but people get busted all the time bringing guns into airports, medical centers, government buildings, courts, etc.
Sure, they make this claim all the time - and there may even be a grain of truth in some cases - I guess some people are foolish enough not to check the contents of bags they are taking to an airport. But this "excuse" doesn't work except for the rich, famous, and politically connected. It's not a legitimate defense.

Quote:
Many of these armed citizens did in fact make honest mistakes & did not face felony charges.
As stated above, it's generally, the rich, famous and politically connected who avoid prosecution, not the general citizenry.

Quote:
I read a media item about a off duty sworn LE officer who was busted for being armed in a sports arena in Washington DC. Shouldn't the LE officer know the law or statue?
Like many other LE officers might, he was probably expecting "professional courtesy". Just because he expected it doesn't mean he's entitled to it.

Page generated in 0.03045 seconds with 8 queries