View Single Post
Old July 15, 2010, 09:49 PM   #12
riverwalker76

Quote:
I think it would be rude and going too far to force the man to up with a MSDS sheet. He makes his living off this stuff! Have enough class to at least offer him some bucks for the recipe, let the man feed his family, geesh.

Felix lube is good lube and it's easily tweaked so you can call it your own. You don't want to do your own homework so let file a motion to compell an MSDS sheet from the man who did do his homework, Classic.
Again ... I'm not asking for his recipe, and the MSDS will not show that anyway!

I will not put me or my family's health at risk just because someone doesn't want to tell me what his chemical compound consists of. All the guy has to say is "It's a petroleum distillate with trace minerals of xx, xx, and xx." That's all I want to know.

I find it interesting how many people think that the MSDS is an 'ingredient list'.

It's not ... it just shows the chemicals that are 'in play' in the formula so you know if you are dealing with a petroleum distillate, a natural compound, or what have you.

This is seriously amusing to see how many people argue that 'since I want an MSDS ... I want his recipe'! It's not like that at all. I just want to know what chemicals the solution contains and what I'm dealing with.

For instance ... I know when I'm dealing with Lead that it's Lead. I know what precautions to take and so on. With this chemical lubricant ... I have no idea what it is. SHould I treat it like baby oil, or should I treat it like gasoline? Will the vapors coming off of the hot sprue cause me health problems? I have absolutely no idea at this point in time.

I think this is a fair and honest question, and I'm not going to stop looking for answers until I have them.

Last edited by riverwalker76; July 15, 2010 at 09:56 PM.

Page generated in 0.03526 seconds with 8 queries