View Single Post
Old December 15, 2007, 03:40 PM   #17
Dwight55

Like tlm225 said, . . . ID'ing the shooter is paramount. Anyone shooting with a handgun in a mall where I am, . . . gets a pass until I am certain he is a bad guy, . . . guy with an AK, face paint, baggy butt camo bdu's, . . . he is almost certainly a bg, . . . but again, . . . shooting another CHL or an innocent, . . . it would only turn out ugly.

In all honesty, . . . I would probably have to see him shoot someone, . . . then I could go after him with all I have with me.

A concealed carry license is a license only for defense, . . . it is not a hunting permit of any kind, . . . so what you shoot, . . . has to be hunting you or someone you can certify as an intended target that you defended.

Yes, . . . I would certainly hate to go to bed some night, . . . knowing if I had taken an earlier shot I may have saved a life, . . . but it would hurt much, much worse, . . . if I said goodnight to the cell captain, . . . laid down on my stainless steel bunk, . . . pondering if there is any way of getting freed from having shot an innocent CHL carrier who, like me, was only trying to be a good guy.

And, . . . while it goes against the grain of most mall ninjas and John Wayne wannabe's, . . . I only have responsibility for myself, my family, and those who at any given, certain, limited window of time happen to be within my range of effective defendability.

May God bless,
Dwight
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a Veteran!

Page generated in 0.02111 seconds with 8 queries