View Single Post
Old October 9, 2008, 10:52 PM   #33
nate45

Quote:
I have a Remington 700 with a 1-14 twist barrel that gets sub 1" 3 shot groups at 100 with the 70 grain Speer "Big Game" bullet.
There is a man that knows what he is doing.

If a persons .22-250, 220 Swift, etc will stabilize the 70 grain Speer, you can kill deer just as good as you can with a .243.

There is nothing unethical about using a .22-250 on deer with properly structured bullets.

I'm also going to go out on a limb and speculate that the vast majority of the time a deer is shot in the heart lung area with the 55 grain bullet it is cleanly killed.

Some people who have never actually used a .22 caliber high powered rifle on deer are merely assuming what the result would be.

I've owned or shot a rifle for every one of these rifle cartridges and several not pictured, I've killed deer and hogs with most of them too. I know exactly what the will do. The .22-250 will kill deer just as well as a .243, 6 mm, etc with proper shot placement. You don't need to shoot them behind the ear or be right on top of them. All you have to do is make a normal heart lung shot and the 70 grain Speer or 60 grain Nosler will do the rest.

Page generated in 0.02281 seconds with 8 queries