View Single Post
Old July 25, 2002, 12:08 AM   #13
tex_n_cal

<----------big fan of Noslers

Nosler I think was the first bullet maker to have plastic tipped rifle bullets. The Ballistic Tip rifle bullets are known for their fine accuracy - better in some rifles than so called match bullets.

Read Nosler's description about each bullet - some are indeed intended for varmints, some for deer and antelope, some for bigger game. Nosler states the BT will expand at velocities as low as 1600 fps. The famous Nosler Partition(a tougher bullet) will only expand down to about 2000 fps.

Skunky, can I assume you have no interest in Ruger #1's ? I assume you're shooting an M1A ? The BT's I know of have no crimping channellure, which is recommended for autoloaders. If you load them be damn careful they can't seat deeper in the case during feeding.
With top loads & hard cast bullets, a .357 mag, .41 mag, .44 special, .44 mag, .45 Colt, .454 Casull, .475 Linebaugh, .480 Ruger, .500 Linebaugh Maximum, and .500 S&W will all shoot through Bison. To select the gun, determine how big a hole you want to put in the Bison, and how much recoil you can stand

Page generated in 0.02946 seconds with 8 queries