View Single Post
Old November 8, 2001, 11:37 PM   #1
PUMC_TomG

Broken wrists! How to defend thyself?

Well, as some of you may know, I deliver subs by bicycle for a place called Jimmy Johns. We have a reputation for being super fast freaks on bikes who zip around campus at breakneck speed wearing black in the wee hours delivering subs to drunk guys and sorority girls. Anyway I wrecked my bike one night hitting a turn at about 30 mph and went over the handlebars breaking both wrists taking out three teeth and doin some other minor damage.
I had surgery on one wrist, the other is out of commission I have bonding for teeth and am on painkillers like crazy.
My question is I cannot handle my firearm safely anymore, nor can I handle my ASP or Emerson Commander. My training is basically useless with no hands to defend myself. (BTW I can barely type, its very difficult.) I can maybe adapt and use the splints to parry blades or suck, but probably not since movement is limited. What should I do to defend myself should the need arise. I feel helpless, yet I don't let that attitude escape except onto this board. My buddies in ROTC still think Im a nuthatch, especially since I am writing this off to eveyone as "no big deal". Heck, I can't wait to heal up so I can get back on my bike!!!
Any and all input is appreciated, it will make me feel a little better, but still nothing like having my .40 S&W tucked in close at my side.

Page generated in 0.02883 seconds with 8 queries