View Single Post
Old February 20, 2013, 01:53 PM   #9
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Back in the late 80's when I was still stuck in Crooked County Illinois I nearly fell out of my seat laughing. They had shown a table full of guns that they had confiscated from a so called drug lord. (read small time local pusher). His "Arsenal" included a 22 pistol, a .380 pistol, A revolver, (I am assuming 38 spl.) A pair of pump shotguns, (assuming 12 gauge but who knows) and a machine gun. That is when I fell out of my chair. It was a single shot 22 caliber rifle with a Schuetzen style stock. Considering the rest of the mediocre guns on the table I have to assume it was stolen and the dealer had no idea what he had and neither did the police or the ch 5 WMAQ news station producers in Chicago. This was and still is why I call their crime reporters clowns and their bits on news about guns "comedy hour".
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.03083 seconds with 8 queries