View Single Post
Old February 11, 2001, 12:21 AM   #17
WalterGAII

One of us is speaking a different language. (Or perhaps I'm speaking in tongues and just don't know it.) The Lee Factory Crimp Die isn't designed to size to the same dimension as a sizer/decapper die. Your exercise in bluing was a non-starter. The Factory Crimp Die will remove bulges caused by poor crimping, etc. As previously stated, I also use it for the initial sizing of .40 Super brass, since I don't have a .40 Super sizing die. I follow up with a .400 Cor-Bon die for final sizing and bumping the shoulder. (.40 Super brass expands more than does .45ACP brass, due to higher pressures.)

Per my repeated posts, none of the other die manufacturers that I know of manufacture a crimp die that also sizes. That's about as clear as I'm capable of making it. I've never questioned your choice of diemakers. All the ones that you mention are excellent; nothing that you've posted about the features of the other dies relates to the point that's been made in this thread by me and others about the post-sizing capacity of Lee Factory Crimp Dies.

Page generated in 0.02932 seconds with 8 queries