View Single Post
Old March 21, 2006, 05:10 PM   #38
Talon66

At my range...

At my range, the majority of shooters are "walk-ins". They walk in off the street and figure they'll give shooting a go. They quickly learn that it's not as easy as they make it out to be on television and the movies. I often hear them comment about how it's hard to do.

Then there are the "serious" shooters which makes up a small percentage and they bang away at 25 yards in their perfect target shooting stances and group their shots respectably. No rush, no sense of urgency. And that's ok because they're target shooting.

Then there's the even smaller percentage of shooters that show up with their stock pistols and set their targets at contact distance, shoot from retention, practice malfunction drills and return their pistols to concealment holsters. And that's cool too.

The more people that can appreciate shooting and the shooting sports the better for all of us because these are the people that take the time to educate themselves unlike the ignorant that go on to recommend laws that are just plain 'wack".

Personally, I don't care how others shoot because if they're happy with their poor shooting skills, that means that's one less threat to me.

Page generated in 0.03521 seconds with 8 queries