View Single Post
Old April 17, 2013, 01:12 AM   #84
Metal god

Well I finally got a email back from Feinstein .

Quote:

Thank you for contacting me to share your response to the tragic shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. I appreciate the time you took to share your views, and I welcome this opportunity to respond.

I was horrified and profoundly saddened by the senseless shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School on December 14, 2012. As you know, the shooting left 26 people dead, including 20 children.

Like you, I believe strong and comprehensive action must be taken to prevent further mass shootings. Such an approach should include a focus on treating those with mental illness. I also firmly believe that we must take reasonable steps to get military-style assault weapons off our streets.

On January 24, 2013, I introduced the "Assault Weapons Ban of 2013" (S. 150). This legislation would prohibit the manufacture, sale, transfer, or importation of semiautomatic assault weapons and large-capacity ammunition magazines. The Bushmaster assault rifle used in the Newtown shooting would be prohibited by name under my legislation, along with 156 additional specifically-named weapons.

In addition, I believe that individuals with mental health disorders should have access to quality care. I have voted in favor of legislation that prohibits insurance companies from discriminating against those who need mental health services by charging prohibitive co-pays for such treatments. In addition, I support federal research programs designed to improve our understanding of, and identify new treatments for, a variety of mental illnesses including schizophrenia, borderline personality disorder, and anxiety disorders.

Please know that as I continue to work with my colleagues to enact measures designed to prevent senseless gun violence, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind. I hope you will continue to write to me on issues of importance to you. You may call my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841 or visit my website at http://feinstein.senate.gov to share your views with me. Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Page generated in 0.02405 seconds with 8 queries