View Single Post
Old March 16, 2005, 08:34 PM   #34
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
The only way they can be converted is to actually own, and have a relationship with a cat.
I own and have a relationship with a cat. Because I care about it, I control its movements for its own safety. A side benefit is that this also prevents it from annoying my neighbors.

That doesn't change my views on feral cats, or cats that are pets in name only (fed by someone but not controlled or maintained by them in any other significant way.)

I reject your premise. Emotion (loving a pet) is a poor rationale for forming a personal policy on the population management of feral animals. Any person with a significant background in science should appreciate that.

Furthermore, any person who would attack another person for legally eliminating a member of a non-native pest species needs to carefully reassess his motives and rationale. Engaging in an illegal and foolish activity, such as attacking a person who is engaged in a legal activity and who possesses a loaded firearm, is...well--illegal and unwise. It's kind of sad to even have to make such a pitifully obvious statement.

Page generated in 0.03196 seconds with 8 queries