View Single Post
Old March 9, 2013, 09:21 PM   #8
BirchOrr

Amen Hawg...

... amen! This comes up over and over on this forum.

#1) These guns come from Italy.
#2) They could care less how our caps fit the nipples they put on them. (Some BP gunsmiths even say the cap size is metric).
#3) Caps here in the US vary GREATLY even from one tin to another.
#4) Get the Treso's as Hawg suggested.
#5) While you're at it, get them for ALL your BP six-shooters (so everything is the same).
#6) I never "pinch" a cap because it doesn't fit properly. I'm too picky I guess. I enjoy having everything as "perfect" as possible.
#7)The biggest advantage of all... The Treso's have a small flash hole. They "funnel" the flash from the cap into the powder. This focuses all the ignition out the end of the barrel with minimal blow-back and the spent cap will somewhat hold together keeping the cylinder from jamming when you cock the hammer the next time.
#8) I've heard tell in this forum, of nipples that were so worn out from YEARS of shooting, the hammer would cock itself after a round was fired as the flash-hole was horribly over-sized. There was blow-back to the extent it actually would re-cock the hammer! Seriously? Rip those nipples out and throw them away!
#9) Do these things as if your very life depended upon it. At some point it might... I hope not.

OK men, it's your turn to jump in on something I might have forgotten!

Birch
Black Powder: Not because it is easy, but because it is hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win...

Last edited by BirchOrr; March 12, 2013 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Correction

Page generated in 0.03648 seconds with 8 queries