View Single Post
Old May 13, 2008, 03:32 PM   #2
primlantah
Registration in progress

i have a printer in my living room that calibrates itself frequently. we usually have it turned off to save power so we arent used to hearing it. when it calibrates itself it sounds exactly like a person coming through our blinds(behind the printer). i was getting out of the shower one evening and i hear it across the house. Grabbed my 45 and walked my naked butt out there to see it was just the printer.

another story... i was at home and hear a helicopter circling for about 15 minutes. i hear voices outside so i look. i see cops everywhere. come to find out a guy dodging an arrest for parole violation took refuge in a ladies apartment across the parking lot from me. they were looking for almost an hour before the guy ran. in this case there was a person whose home was invaded and her life threatened by a stranger with intent and ability, 30 cops outside armed with everything from ar15s to ccws, with no clue where to look, and an elapsed time of nearly an hour before the bg decided to run(not found).

the moral of the story is to check for yourself first... call the cops last. why? cops are slow and arent obligated to help you. Im not cop bashing.... but when it gets dirty, the only person who will save you is you...call 911 to help with the aftermath. if its not a bad situation(just paranoia) then you didnt waste anyones time.

just my .02 from texas...the laws about whats acceptable may be different for you.

Page generated in 0.02820 seconds with 8 queries