View Single Post
Old July 14, 2013, 01:19 PM   #6
dogrunner

First, it is possible to utilize a conversion unit on your '16 with fairly good reliability. In terms of what specific brand to choose from I'd defer to some of the newer owners of such devices as mine is now in it's mid-30's........

Mine is a 'Bro-Cal' selective fire version....basically it's an Atchison that was produced by an Ohio Co. during the 80's....from what I can tell from the one's I've seen it's absolutely identical with the stuff that J.A. Ceiner was marketing.

In terms of reliability the singular issue I experienced was extraction problems.....as I recall the extractor would drop the cartridge free just prior to it's cleaing the gun.......not always, but frequently enough to aggravate the hell out of me....I modified the extractor for a tighter grasp on the cartridge rim and slightly re-angled it to solve the problem. Reliability is about the same in either mode of fire.

Accuracy is quite good, regardless of the many, many claims I've read to the contrary, certainly good enough for general field use, could be used for small game and will with certainty keep a tin can bouncing as long as you want to shoot at it. Shooting full from a rest is a really interesting exercise in full automatic fire control............kinda like a 30 round woodpecker on wire reel target backings!

Downside.......chamber insert has a tendency to accumulate lead like a dog does fleas.........some brands are worse than others, the imported Russian stuff being the worst in my experience....

And yes, it IS cheaper than the full powered ammo.........IF you can find any .22's, something I haven't seen hereabouts on a dealers shelf since last fall!!

Page generated in 0.02879 seconds with 8 queries