Thread: Which States???
View Single Post
Old September 10, 2009, 12:21 AM   #16
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

The question asked, was related to the requirements of servicemen, specifically, active duty servicemen.

What I quoted from 18-3302(1)(g) I.C. was the list of prohibited persons. Is it redundant? Perhaps, but that's the law, as written.

The last sentence (before the sub clauses begin) from Title 18, Chapter 33, Section 2 clause 1 reads: The citizen’s constitutional right to bear arms shall not be denied to him, unless he: which then goes on for sub-clauses (a) through (n). The sub-clause I paraphrased (g), contained the DD exception to the Idaho RKBA. It was relevant to the next part that I wrote.

In clause 13, it lists the types of requirements that a Sheriff may require of you, in order to show familiarity of a firearm, so long as you, the applicant, get to choose which method you want to demonstrate firearms familiarity. Sub-clauses (a) through (g) list the statutory requirements. Of that, relevant to the question, sub-clause (e) states: Presents evidence or equivalent experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competition or military service; That last part means your DD-214, your Discharge (but not a DD) or your Active Duty ID.

If I had put all of that in my original post on this thread, I'm betting that the same ones that are complaining about including the DD clause, would now say I'm too anal. For the record, this can all be found here.

Sheesh!

Page generated in 0.03452 seconds with 8 queries