View Single Post
Old June 6, 2013, 06:11 PM   #3
taylorce1

.270 Win

I didn't want to post again so I decided to edit my post, smokingun brought up a good point. You've used several different bullets in this rifle, are you measuring with the same type of bullet you took your original measurement with and are you measuring with a comparator? If not your measurements aren't accurate, variations in bullet types can lead to the majority of the difference in your COAL.

I don't know what the original ammunition you put through the rifle was, but I do know the Interlock and SST are not the same at the ogive. While I don't doubt there is some barrel wear I'm not sure that it is as extreme as you think. Besides that is a hunting rifle so I wouldn't call the barrel worn out until it closes on a no-go gauge or accuracy opens up to where you can't hold a three shot group of at least 1.5"

3200 fps is smoking fast for a 130 grain bullet out of a .270 but certainly not unheard of. I wouldn't think that it would wear a barrel out that bad, unless you are shooting the barrel beyond warm on a regular basis. I probably wouldn't do a steady diet of bullets at that speed, just because I've shot the .270 enough to know that 3060 fps kills animals plenty dead.

Last edited by taylorce1; June 6, 2013 at 09:43 PM.

Page generated in 0.02618 seconds with 8 queries